Save the Bees
Suggested Grade Level
2nd Grade - 5th Grade
to our Channel for new classes.
In this class, we'll discuss some of the reasons why bees are dying and examine some of the ways we can help bees in our community.
- Why are bees important? How do we benefit from bees?
- Why are bees dying.
- We'll kick-off some at-home projects so we can further research the causes of the decline in bee populations and explore some of the ways you can help from home.
- Reproduction is essential to the continued existence of everykind of organism. Plants and animals have unique and diverselife cycles. How do some plants rely on bees to reproduce?
- When the environment changes in ways that affect a place’s availability ofresources, some organisms survive and reproduce, othersmove to new locations, yet others move into the transformedenvironment, and some die.
- Plants and animals have both internal and externalstructures that serve various functions in growth, survival,behavior, and reproduction
- Represent data in tables and various graphical displays(bar graphs, pictographs and/or pie charts) to revealpatterns that indicate relationships. (Through at-home projects)